Self-catering barn conversion
Tywi Valley, Carmarthenshire. Sleeps 2
Maes Y Grove Cottage
Maes Y Grove Cottage is one half of our barn conversion. It's split into a pair of two-storey apartments both with a warm, elegant style. The property consists of an open plan lounge/dining/kitchen area on the ground floor with a bedroom and bathroom on the first floor. Set in a rural location, but only 5 minutes from the A48 provides the joint benefits of a quiet country retreat and easy access to the road system which continues on from the m4 motorway. Carmarthen is a short drive to the West with Llandeilo lying to the East. Further afield lies the beautiful coast of Pembrokeshire to the West with Swansea and the Gower Peninsular to the East.
- 1 Bedroom upstairs, king sized bed (Toast Indian cotton sheets/duvet cover).
- Fridge (large freezer compartment)
- Dishwasher, toaster, kettle - range of pots, pans, crockery, cutlery etc.
- Access to washing machine and dryer (in main house)
- Bath (with shower over)
- Towels and hair dryer.
- Smart television with DVD player.
- Electric heating and Morso log burner.
- Parking: Right outside, off street
- Maes Y Grove is one of two units in the same building (but no shared facilities)
- Only fifteen minutes down A48 to Carmarthen, but quiet location
"We had an amazing weekend away here. The place was lovely and clean. The log burner was pre-lit when we arrived! Really enjoyed the lovely surrounding walks.
Would definitely come back to stay.
Anna & Charlie x
We had such a wonderful stay.... all the little touches made our stay so enjoyable .... would definitely recommend and return!
Sophie & Tony
We are situated just off the A48 dual carriageway, about 7 miles to the east of Carmarthen.
If you book with us we will supply full directions and a customised Google map of our precise location. Please note that Satnav will not get you all the way to us as there a number of addresses in the area with the same postcode.
We will also supply the what3words information if you use that app.
Location & travel
- National Botanical Gardens of Wales
- Aberglasney Gardens
- Dryslwyn Castle and the National Trust's Dinefwr
- Slightly further afield are the many attractions of Pembrokeshire (coastal path, Tenby etc.) to the east lies the city of Swansea and to the northeast the Brecon Beacons.
The Tywi Valley, Brecon and Carmarthenshire
Food & Drink
- Award-winning Wrights Food Emporium a few miles drive
- Y Polyn restaurant (walking distance)
- Hour's walk off-road through fields to Llandeilo, with delis, restaurants, a gin bar.
Llandeilo is also the home of clothing and furnishing brand Toast, their outlet store in town is a great place to pick up discounts
Rates & Booking for Maes Y Grove Cottage
Nightly rates start at £65 per night (Sunday to Thursday) and £75 (Friday and Saturday).
for current rates and availability
PLEASE NOTE: a £30 cleaning charge (per stay not per night) will be added when you book