Maes Y Grove Garden Cottage is one of two apartments in our barn conversion. We've done them out somewhere between elegant and homely, with lots of the art and kitchen things sourced locally from people we know, most notably the clothing and furnishing brand Toast, who are based in nearby Llandeilo. The building sits across the drive from our house in the beautiful countryside of West Wales. This apartment faces up the garden and has a private patio terrace. While we're on hand to give you any tips you want about to do on a stay in the Tywi Valley, the Brecon Beacons or the Carmarthenshire area in general, we're also more than happy to leave you in peace to enjoy the quiet of the countryside.
If the Garden Cottage isn't available for your dates, then try Maes Y Grove Cottage, at the other end of the building or our other property North Lodge, which is a couple of miles down the road towards Carmarthen.
“Be the first to leave a review of Maes Y Grove Garden Cottage”
- 1 Bedroom upstairs, king sized bed (Toast Indian cotton sheets/duvet cover).
- Fridge (large freezer compartment)
- Dishwasher, toaster, kettle - range of pots, pans, crockery, cutlery etc.
- Access to washing machine and dryer (in main house)
- Bath (with shower over)
- Towels and hair dryer.
- Smart television with DVD player.
- Electric heating and Morso log burner.
This map shows an approximate location of Maes Y Grove. As you can see it's pretty remote, but that's the beauty of the Twyi Valley. We could give you a postcode, but it wouldn't be much use. Suffice to say we're just off the M4 a way west of Swansea and Llanelli..
We'll send you full directions when you book and can give you some great tips on exploring the Tywi Valley and all of West Wales.
Self-catering barn conversion
Tywi Valley, Carmarthenshire. Sleeps 2
- Pets: considered on request.
- Parking: Right outside, off street
- Maes Y Grove is one of two units in the same building (but no shared facilities)
- Only fifteen minutes down A48 to Carmarthen, but quiet location
Location & travel
- National Botanical Gardens of Wales
- Aberglasney Gardens
- Dryslwyn Castle and the National Trust's Dinefwr
- Slightly further afield are the many attractions of Pembrokeshire (coastal path, Tenby etc.) to the east lies the city of Swansea and to the northeast the Brecon Beacons.
The Tywi Valley, Brecon and Carmarthenshire
Rates & Booking for Maes Y Grove Garden Cottage
PLEASE NOTE: a £20 cleaning charge (per stay not per night) will be added when you book
Food & Drink
- Award-winning Wrights Food Emporium a few miles drive
- Y Polyn restaurant (walking distance)
- Hour's walk off-road through fields to Llandeilo, with delis, restaurants, a gin bar.
Llandeilo is also the home of clothing and furnishing brand Toast, their outlet store in town is a great place to pick up discounts
Calendar shows our three properties. Garden Cottage is the same building as Maes Y Grove Cottage,
North Lodge is a fifteen minute drive away.
See here for details: